About Quality Counts
Quality Counts is the Quality Improvement and Rating System (QIRS) for early care and education programs in Sonoma County. Funded by First 5 California, First 5 Sonoma County, and the California Department of Education, Quality Counts will help improve early care and education in our community by:
- Giving early educators valuable tools and one-on-one coaching for improving their programs
- Establishing uniform standards of excellence in early care
- Assisting parents to make well-informed decisions about the quality of care their children receive
- Improving outcomes for children who attend higher quality care throughout Sonoma County
- Quality is rated using the California Race to the Top: Early Learning Challenge (RTT-ELC) Quality Continuum Framework rating matrix and the following local rating guidelines for achieving Tier 5
Concerned about a child?
Every child grows and learns in his/her own unique ways. They can accelerate in some areas and lag behind their peers in others or simply be on their own developmental schedule. It can be difficult to know when to seek help – or how to find the right kind of help. And, if the child you are concerned about isn’t your own child, it can be very difficult to know how to start a conversation with his/her parents.
Early Learning Institute (ELI) has a Navigator to help you figure out what you should do first or where you need to go next. Call 707-591-0170.
Sonoma County’s QIRS Consortia
Consortia meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from 9:00 – 10:30am
Meetings dates and locations are posted on the First 5 Calendar
Sonoma County’s Quality Improvement and Rating System (QIRS) Consortia is made up of community members including representatives from: